Saturday, June 20, 2015

Mango Lassi/ Mango flavoured yogurt

Who doesn't love this simple mango flavoured yogurt aka mango lassi? I never used to like Lassi some time back, actually I had never tasted a Mango lassi before. But once I tasted it....wow.. it was so good that now I have it when ever I can.. :) Mango Lassi have the sweetness from mangoes and the tanginess from yogurt. It used to be made with homemade yogurt and sweet mangoes. Now, that reminds me of the thick yogurt which my Velyamma (aunty) used to make at home. She always got it right... Whenever we went to her house for lunch, she used to have this thick yogurt that she made at home..mmm..
Coming back to the Mango Lassi recipe..



Ingredients:
  1. Mangoes, peeled and cut - 1.5 cups
  2. Plain thick yogurt - 1.4 cups
  3. Water  - 1 cup
  4. Sugar to taste - optional
  5. Ice cubes

Note:
  • Omit sugar if mangoes are really sweet
  • I have used Greek yogurt and Alphonso mangoes to make it
  • Try it as frozen popsicles

Method:
  1. Blend all ingredients in blender to get smooth mango lassi!
Checkout for more recipes from Beat the Heat series.

No comments:

Post a Comment