Friday, November 17, 2017

Chilli Garlic Fish


On a Saturday morning...
Me: Can you buy some good fish from the market?? It will be good if it doesn't have bones.
Anjan: Do you want me to buy fish fillet?
Me: No. I want some fish which I can cut into cubes.
Anjan: Are you not going fry fish??
Me: No, I am going to make chilli garlic fish
Anjan: With soya sauce?? Indo Chinese?
Me: Yes!
Anjan: Hmm, ok... (disappointed)

Here I am back with my new recipes after a 6 months break. Well, this time it is an indo Chinese fish recipe. My family is not a big fan of soya sauce or fish sauce flavour. And so, it is not easy to get a positive review for a recipe which has these sauces in it, unless it tastes very good.  Two weeks back when I went to an Indian restaurant here for a buffet lunch, to my disappointment, they had only one non veg dish served and that was chilli fish. ( I always look forward to have some chicken dishes for any buffet. 😉) Though the sauce coating on the batter fried fish was good, the fish itself tasted like a frozen batter fried fish. If the fish also was more flavourful, then this dish would be yummy, I thought.
The idea of recreating a dish to match your taste is definitely interesting.

While having lunch..
Karan : Mamma, what is this?
Me: This is fish, do you like to have it? (usually  Karan doesn't have non veg)
Karan: No, I will have rice and cauliflower
Me: Do you want to try a small piece?
Karan: Ok...

After having one piece of fish..

Karan: Mamma, I don't want to have rice... I will have only fish...
Me: 😃😃
Anjan: It tastes really good...
Me: 😃




Ingredients:
  1. Fish, boneless, cut into cubes -250gms
  2. Oil for frying 
For Marinate :
  1. Chilli powder - 1 tsp
  2. Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
  3. Ginger- garlic paste - 1 tbsp 
  4. Salt to taste
  5. Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
For Batter:
  1. Flour - 3 tbsp
  2. Cornflour - 2 tbs
  3. Soy sauce - 2tsp
  4. Chilli powder - 1 tsp
  5. Salt to taste
For Gravy:
  1. Oil -2tbs
  2. Garlic chopped-1tbsp
  3. Soya sauce - 1tsp
  4. Green chilli sauce - 1tsp
  5. Tomato sauce- 2tbs
  6. Red chilli powder - 1/2tsp
  7. Onion, cut into squares(optional) - 1/4 cup
  8. Capsicum, cut into squares(optional) - 1/4 cup 




Method:
  1. Marinate fish with all the marinate ingredients and keep for 10 min
  2. Mix all the ingredients for batter to make batter. Make sure no lumps are there
  3. Heat a kadai with oil for frying 
  4. Dip fish piece in the batter using a fork and fry them till fish is well cooked 
  5. Keep aside the fried fish on a kitchen tissue to remove excess oil
  6. In a pan, add 2 tbsp oil. I used the same oil which I used for frying 
  7. Once the oil is hot, add chopped garlic and give a stir for a minute. Be careful not to burn garlic 
  8. Add chilli powder, soya sauce, green chilli sauce and tomato sauce
  9. Cook until the gravy is well combined and oil starts separating from rest
  10. Add onion and capsicum and cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring in between 
  11. Add fried fish pieces and mix well 
  12. Switch off the stove and serve chilli garlic fish with fried rice or roti!



No comments:

Post a Comment